CASE STUDY / DEAL REVIEW
Oxford Agents: Vincent Vega
We helped a client secure new office space after subleasing for years. Among other benefits, we negotiated a very high tenant improvement allowance using the tenant’s preferred contractor. We also negotiated a nice rental discount and some free rent.
|Property Type:||Class B Office|
|Tenant Industry:||Criminal Law|
|Submarket:||North Loop West|
|Free Rent:||4 months|
|Tenant Improvements:||$28.00/RSF Allowance|
|Negotiated Discount (%)||5.4%|
Other Rights worth mentioning:
1) The landlord must complete common area improvements by a certain time
2) Use of tenant’s personal contractor
3) Improvements to the Default Provision
4) Right to audit landlord’s books
5) Lowering the subleasing fee be paid to the landlord & splitting profits with the landlord 50/50.